Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Family!

I think I have had just about all I can take of 30 degree weather, cold mornings, wet days and snow! So rather than starting my yearly search for Sacramento homes, I have decided to dig out some of my favorite wintertime, rainy day recipe favorites.

My first featured Recipe is:

Homemade Chicken Soup

Ingredients:
1 - 2 Chicken carcaus' from last nights chicken dinner
1 1/2 Cup Baby carrots chopped into 1/4" to 1/2" slices
1 Cup Celery sliced into 1/4" to 1/2" pieces
3 Potatoes, cut in half and sliced into 1/4" slices
2 Tbls. Chicken Base
1 Tbls. Parsley Flakes
1 Tsp. Garlic Salt
1/2 Tsp. Celery Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper

Add Chicken, Base and Spices to a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 -30 minutes. Strain the broth and add the sliced carrots and celery. Boil for 10 - 15 minutes or until soft. Add potato and boil for another 10 minutes.

* Great with homemade noodles
Add all

No comments: